So of course, my life has to explode these next few weeks, right? Let me explain...
The next four weeks will be increasingly busy. First off, this coming week is my last week at work (thank GOD), during which I'll be making a trip to the high school. The subsequent weekend, I have two going away parties; one for my friends and I, and our mutual acquaintance, booze, and another one at church, with my sister, and, thankfully, a day to recover in between events. Then it's Memorial Day, which, hopefully I will be spending in NYC with my long lost best friend, George, presumably until that Wednesday.
Then I'm back here, shopping for a delicious suit/rehearsing for my stepbrother's wedding on Saturday, where I will be tickling the ivories and singing during cocktail hour (and doing whatever it takes to keep the Crown Royal coming). So we're staying up there until Sunday afternoon, to return home and get ready for a three-night church revival, for which I will be providing the music, ending on Tuesday.
Wednesday, I travel to Boston to see my sister graduate on Thursday morning at 7 AM (Why does Harvard hate people?), do lunch with her, then hop on the bus bound for Rochester, NY, to see my aunt. I'll be returning to Easton on Saturday, have my last Sunday at church, then try as hard as I can to reduce my life to two suitcases, though it might have to be three, because I'd rather pay the $150 extra baggage charge than have to ship a 50 pound piece of luggage 10,000 miles, and pay some ridiculously expensive amount.
WHOO! Just thinking about all these things is tiring.
Anyway...today I think I finally accepted that spring is here. See, I'm a huge fan of Fall and Winter, and I'm more of an indoors-y type in general, and I feel that I perspire a touch more than the average perosn, so for me, going outside in the warmth is a big deal. Today I met a friend and his community action group for breakfast downtown, and this was the perfect morning. I walked there, and it was delightfully cool and sunny--appropriately enough, I put my iPod in shuffle mode, and what should come on but DC's "Happy Face." The breakfast was held at this darling little café (learn to use your keyboard, people) that I'd been meaning to visit for the longest time but never had the chance. The meeting was very informal; we ate outside! And I met the mayor--how random! All in all, a very nice way to spend a Saturday morning.
So, I'm off to enjoy the last few moments of peace and quiet before the craziness begins!
Listen: "Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby?" - Louis Jordan (via Tom And Jerry - Episode "Solid Serenade")
1 comment:
thanks for coming to my graduation. it meant a lot to me
Post a Comment